Read about our latest updates and accomplishments in our latest newsletter here.
Here are some stats from our United Way funded community partners in 2014!
- Defiance Tax Preparation Clinics through NOCAC held 36 tax clinics where 395 tax returns were filed and brought back over $614,000 back to Defiance households through: hidden credits, no filing fees and refunds
- Tools for School helped over 700 children receive school supplies for this school year.
- Summer Food Program through NOCAC served 3,656 healthy lunches to 614 Defiance children.
- Backpack Buddy is providing nutritious food for over 550 children on the weekends. On average, the program costs around $3 per child per week.
- In Q1, Comprehensive Crisis Care provided referrals for 804 contacts of which 97% of the clients received assistance from the referral. 372 of the calls were regarding mental health and substance abuse. 198 calls were basic needs.
- In Q1, Raven's Care launched their Crock-pot class which 6 clients attended six 1 hour classes. Clients that completed the course received a crock-pot as an incentive. All clients that have participated in the crock-pot class have not returned for any further assistance! Clients found the cooking aspect, nutrition and meal planning helpful.