About Women's Giving Circle of Defiance County
Our Partnership: The Women's Giving Circle of Defiance County was established in 2011 as a partnership between the United Way of Defiance County and The Defiance Area Foundation.
Our Purpose: To cultivate women as philanthropic leaders. To educate, inspire, and assist women to become leaders, well informed, self sufficient, and contributing members of society.
Our Mission: To support projects that impact the lives of women and children through: Education, Direct Projects, and Partnerships with other organizations.
Gift Allocations: The Circle funds two distinct vehicles. One is used for funding annual projects and the other to create a long-term endowment fund. - Although $1 per day or $365 per year is our goal, the Circle welcomes and encourages giving at all levels.
Benefits of Membership:
- Participation in an organization of women empowering women.
- Helping women make strategic and informed decisions about their philanthropy, which allows for greater impact than can happen individually.
- Invitation to the Circle’s meetings and other special programs.
- Networking opportunities with people of shared values.
- Eligibility for membership on the advisory board and standing committees of the Circle.
For more information about the Women’s Giving Circle of Defiance County, please email:
Interested in Joining?
Fill out a Women's Giving Circle Membership Application here!
All Membership Applications and dues can be mailed to the Women's Giving Circle:
c/o United Way of Defiance County
608 Clinton Street
Defiance, OH 43512
Already a member and want to pay your dues online?
(To maximize your donation, we encourage members to submit their payment via Check to avoid processing fees)
- Applicant must have graduated from a Defiance County High School or been a resident of Defiance County for two or more years
For those interested in applying for a Women's Giving Circle Grant: